There is nothing as rewarding as accomplishing a goal knowing that you put all your heart into doing so. I found two very inspiring articles online that I read a couple of times containing a list of do's and dont's in life. I have decided to turn this these lists into my New Year's resolutions. Although the dont's may seem like mirrors of the do's and vice-versa, they are different but similar in a way. I hope this post inspires all of you as much as it has inspired me. Check out the list below...
1. Start spending time with the right people.
2. Start facing your problems head on.
3. Start being honest with yourself about everything.
4. Start making your own happiness a priority.
5. Start being yourself, genuinely and proudly.
6. Start noticing and living in the present.
7. Start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you.
8. Start being more polite to yourself.
9. Start enjoying the things you already have.
10. Start creating your own happiness.
11. Start giving your ideas and dreams a chance.
12. Start believing that you're ready for the next step.
13. Start entering new relationships for the right reasons.
14. Start giving new people you meet a chance.
15. Start competing against an earlier version of yourself.
16. Start cheering for other people's victories.
17. Start looking for the silver lining in tough situations.
18. Start forgiving yourself and others.
19. Start helping those around you.
20. Start listening to your own inner voice.
21. Start being attentive to your stress level and take short breaks.
22. Start noticing the beauty of small moments.
23. Start accepting things when they are less than perfect.
24. Start working toward your goals every single day.
25. Start being more open about how you feel.
26. Start taking full accountability for your own life.
27. Start actively nurturing your most important relationships.
28. Start concentrating on the things you can control.
29. Start focusing on the possibility of positive outcomes.
30. Start noticing how wealthy you are right now.
31. Stop spending time with the wrong people.
32. Stop running from your problems.
33. Stop lying to yourself.
34. Stop putting your own needs on the back burner.
35. Stop trying to be someone you're not.
36. Stop trying to hold on to the past.
37. Sop being scared to make a mistake.
38. Stop beating yourself for old mistakes.
39. Stop trying to buy happiness.
40. Stop exclusively looking to others for happiness.
41. Stop being idle.
42. Stop thinking you're not ready.
43. Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons.
44. Stop rejecting new relationships just because old ones didn't work.
45. Stop trying to compete against everyone else.
46. Stop being jealous of others.
47. Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself.
48. Stop holding grudges.
49. Stop letting others bring you down to their level.
50. Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others.
51. Stop doing the same things over and over without taking a break.
52. Stop over looking the beauty of small moments.
53. Stop trying to make things perfect.
54. Stop following the path of least resistance.
55. Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn't.
56. Stop blaming others for your troubles.
57. Stop trying to be everything to everyone.
58. Stop worrying so much.
59. Stop focusing on what you don't want to happen.
60. Stop being ungrateful.
For more inspiring articles head on over to http://www.marcandangel.com/. Happy New Years everyone!